Monday, March 19, 2012

Hi Everyone!

Okay, this is awfully presumptuous of me, but in case you've been wondering, "What ever happened to Knucklehead?" (you know who you are), the answer is:

Nothing, really.

I just haven't had the time to get much writing done.  I've been getting in shape, though.  No, I'm not kidding, I've actually made a commitment to losing weight and getting healthy.  No more In-N-Out Burger (okay, once, on a "cheat day"), and I've been hitting the gym five or six times a week.  And it's working . . . lost 40 pounds since New Year's.  Only 30 more to go to get ready for the cruise in June, at which point, I'm spending a week eating whatever the hell I want to.

So what else?

Work is going well.  I'll spare you the details, but being in a position of leadership is very rewarding, and I'm lucky enough to work with some outstanding people.  I recently finished reading a book entitled "Focus on the  Good Stuff" by Mike Robbins, and it is truly inspirational.  Not only has it impacted how I do my job, but it is also highly applicable everyday life in general.  Check it out on Kindle, or order your copy from Amazon.  Hang on, I'll save you the trouble and give you the link myself.

Here you go.

So, having a week off from work, I thought I'd stop in and say hello to everyone and let you know I haven't just vanished into oblivion yet.  I hope to get back into the writing routine soon, and when that happens you'll be the first to know.  Thanks for hanging in there (assuming you've been coming by often and perusing the pure literary genius that is the Knucklehead archives).

Delusion is really a wonderful thing, isn't it?

Take care,
Chris

Stumble Upon Toolbar submit to reddit

18 comments:

nonamedufus said...

Good to know you're still there, Chris. And congrats on the weight thing. You're an inspiration. Know all about real life getting in the way if the blogging thing. Don't worry. When you get back we'll be here.

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

Wow, you've done very well in the weight loss department. I'm happy for you, but a little bit jealous too. I've had some injuries that keep me from my regular routine, and man, does the weight come back on if you slack off! So don't slack off, dude! I want one of us to be successful. Thanks for checking in. Yes, I wondered where you were.

SherilinR said...

way to go with the weight loss! i just lost 27 lbs in the last 2 months because i'm going on a cruise in august. funny how such things motivate us!

ReformingGeek said...

That's great news on the weight loss. Keep it up!

jdemott said...

Sheesh. Maybe I need to book a cruise. Apparently, it's the ticket to weight loss motivation.

Much of last year, I weighed 185, a low I hadn't seen in decades. Now, I'm at 215, a high I have not seen in more than a decade.

No interest in a cruise, but apparently, I should consider buying a ticket, just for the weight loss incentive.

Chris said...

@jdemott: Dude, I've had lunches that weigh more than that.

So. Cal. Gal said...

40 pounds in 3.5 months? Holy crap! Uhh, I mean Congratulations!

Suldog said...

You've lost 40 pounds? Excellent! I'm on my annual "no flour, no dairy" Lenten get-in-shape-for-softball-season regimen. I usually drop about 10 or 12 pounds over the 40 days, which keeps me from dropping dead the first time I run the bases. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Actually, I was wondering about you. I'm glad you are well and much lighter!

Good for you!

I'm all for positive thinking, I think it's the lesser of two evils. HA!

notactuallygod said...

I indeed DO know who I am. And getting healthy and losing serious weight is the best excuse I've heard for any "Whatever happened to". Bravo. Hope you post the before & after, you know, after.

Unknown said...

I was beginning to wonder if you'd left the face of the earth! Glad to see that's not the case!

IT (aka Ivan Toblog) said...

Thank goodness... I thought maybe the link I hid on the sidebar over at my place sent you into hiding.
I can totally relate to the eating on the cruise thing... gives us the true meaning of sea(see)food. "you eat what you see"

Jo ~ said...

hey good for you! getting in shape, that's a goal of mine too, about 15 pounds needs to come off. Congrats on the loss so far, and the book, and good luck in all your endeavors.

Fred Miller said...

Good to see you. I haven't gone anywhere, either. I'm just working on animated cartoons rather than writing. Might have one out next week. It's just been so nice around here, that I expanded our deck and began patching fence. No time for blogging. It's rained all day, so I'm blogging again.

Rooney Mara said...

That's great news at weight loss. Keep it up! But don't be overworked . LAMO

Steph said...

I hear ya!I sucked at blogging alll winter long. And still kinda do...

Unknown said...

Keep your doctor's appointments. Prenatal care is important in any pregnancy, but especially when you have gestational diabetes. Insulin doses usually have to be adjusted as your weight and hormone levels change during pregnancy. Thanks.
hcg 1234


jaffa said...

Many countries, especially in the west are dealing with aging populations, and one of the priorities of the health care system is to help seniors live full, independent lives in the comfort of their own homes. Thanks a lot.
Regards,
weight gainer for kids

Related Posts with Thumbnails